Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Alexis and TBall

As most of you know by now, Alexis has decided that she wants to play TBall.  And in the purpose of full disclosure there was no one happier than me!

As soon as we got her signed up, we made the fun trip to Academy Sports.  Picked her out a glove, shoes, batting helmet and got her a bat.  Now, she is a girl so everything was pink but I was just happy that we were buying the stuff that the color didn't really matter!!  Lol.

We had the first couple of practices and they went well.  She could throw the ball and ran the bases well, but she would NOT hit the ball off of the tee!  It was the most frustrating thing in the world.  We could throw the ball to her and she would hit it, she could throw the ball up and hit it on her own, she would hit the ball while on the ground and she would even hit the tee!  But as soon as you put the ball on it, she wanted nothing to do with it!  I was able to finally get her to hit the ball by telling her to hit the top of the tee.  Since she liked hitting the tee, I figured maybe she would run into one and hit it.  Sure enough she did.  Once she saw how much fun it was to hit, she was on her way!!

Last Saturday we had her first game.  I am not sure who was more excited, me or her.  I woke up early that morning and was ready to get to the field.  Really brought back a lot of memories.  Even at an early age I loved getting to the field early and I guess as a parent that really hasn't changed. 

I have to say, she did really well.  She hit the ball all three times up and she stopped/tracked down the only ball hit her way.  To top it off, she even got the Game Ball!  (And yes, I know every kid will get one, but it was pretty cool!)  Heather and I were beyond proud of her and how well she did! 

I do have to make sure to thank everyone that came out!  She had a great cheering section for her first game and we really do appreciate it!!  It meant a lot!

So without further ado, here are some pics:






I am working on getting all the video together and as soon as I do, I will get it posted as well.  Our nephew Harley shot some great video from the game.  He got over 40 minutes of video so as you can imagine there is a lot to comb through.  Also working on getting video from my step mom as well.

There are more pics on Facebook so make sure to check them out there! 

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Glad TJ and I could be there...it was so fun and I had a blast taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete