Thursday, September 29, 2011

My 2011 MLB Postseason Picks



My favorite time of the year is finally here…Major League Baseball Postseason!  There is really nothing like it!  If you say you love baseball, but you aren’t stoked about this postseason then you really don’t love baseball!

Now I get not all the games are dramatic!  They don’t all have the bloody sock, Gibson’s blast, Luis Gonzales’ blooper, The Catch or The Shot Heard 'Round The World and I get that.  But each game has the potential to be something that you will always talk about.

For me, it was attending Game 3 of the World Series last year…the only game of the series we won.  The Cobra dealt and Mitch Moreland had the big home run!  I honestly will never forget that game or anything about it.

Me, Heather and my Mom. Upper Homerun Porch.
Me and my sexy better half!
Every year I do this.  I sit here and type who I think will win each series and ultimately win the World Series and each year it goes about as well as my Final Four bracket…not well!

So without further adieu, here are my picks:

ALDS
Rangers vs. Rays (Rangers pitching/offense is just too much)
Tigers vs. Yankees (Verlander 2 times is plenty)

ALCS
Rangers vs. Tigers  (Rangers have 7 games worth of pitching.)

NLDS
Diamondbacks vs. Brewers (Dbacks have slightly better arms)
Cardinals vs. Phillies (Phills have pitching, Cards dont.)

NLCS
Diamondbacks vs. Phillies  (Phillies are just too much)

Word Series
Rangers vs. Phillies   
(Goes 7 games…CJ vs Lee in Game 7 and Hamilton has the big hit)

Winner:
TEXAS RANGERS

Now I get that it might be a “homer” pick…and you are right!  But I think they have a great shot to make it!

So there you go.  There are my picks!  Who do you think will win?  Leave a comment below and lets have some fun! 

PLAY BALL!

1 comment:

  1. Not bad picks there Mikey...I agree with all of them with one exception--the Brew Crew will beat the DBacks in the first round in "The Series To See Who Gets To Get Blasted By The Phillies." I like Arizona's arms as well, but moreso I like the overall team Melvin has put together, so the Brewers get the nod there.

    I would LOVE to see us and the Phillies duking it out in the World Series!

    How about that CRAZY Wednesday night of baseball finishes!!!! I couldn't believe the way everything shook down with the timing and all...nuts!

    I enjoy your blog...keep rollin...and I hope you're feelin better homie!

    T

    ReplyDelete