Monday, July 25, 2011

The Way Back Machine

Today we are going to jump in the DeLorean, hit 88mph and go back in time!

A few months I ran across a couple of boxes of OLD pictures that my Mom and Dad had taken.  I got pretty excited about it, not going to lie.  I think of all the pictures that Heather and I take of Alexis, different events and just random things and I figured that I would find all kinds of neat things.

I learned a lot looking through the pictures and truth of the mater is that was a different time!   Now a days we have a camera and/or camera phone every where we go.  We don't have to get pictures developed if we don't want to either! 

Back then, the only way to see the pictures you took was to head to the store and pay money to get them developed.  Then and only then do you realize taking a picture from 30 yards away with a point and shoot camera wasn't a good idea!

It seemed that pictures were only taken at events like birthdays or holidays.  Not many random pictures taken.  The other thing that kind of surprised me was that my parents were at just about all of our sporting events growing up...and there were a lot of them.  But I ran across very few pictures of either of us playing sports. 

But I digress and will give you all what you came here to see!

First up is a baby picture of me at about 5 months old.  Funny looking back at Lex’s pictures, she has my nose.  And just like today, I don’t have any hair!  Lol. 

I am throwing this one in mainly because Lex just wrapped up TBall.  I am about 5, so 1980ish, in this pictures I think.  Boy could I rock the knee high socks!!  


Look, I have hair!  Probably the last time I ever had that much hair.  And no, I have no idea why my name is on my shirt.  Need to check with Mom and Dad about that one.  Was “Mike” not easy enough for people to remember?  Were they just helping me get something right on a test?  Who knows...

The last one is probably one of my favorites.  It is Sam and I with our Grandfather...my Dad’s Dad.  My Grandfather, like my Father, was not very photogenic and I ran across very few pictures of him, much less pictures of him with either one of us.  So this one stood out.

I found a lot of other pictures, some were great and brought back a lot of memories and others I had no idea why the film was even wasted on!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures!  I will try to post more later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment