Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Peanut Butter and Toaster


So the great Peery Move of 2011 is almost over!  I wish I could say it went off without a hitch, but that would mean that it wasn’t a Peery Move! 

I guess it all starts with the apartment complex, which gave us the wrong apartment number a few weeks back…2101 instead of 2102.  I know it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, but try telling that to AT&T and our electric company.  Apparently you cant just “change the number from a 1 to a 2”.  There are processes involved and work orders and other technical stuff that has to be done!  It all worked out on the end…but not before I had to work one afternoon from a McDonalds and the poor person/people in 2101 had their power shut off.

The morning of the move went OK.  The movers showed up 2 hours late and moved slower than molasses.  I guess they were going to ensure that the move took as long as possible on a 100 degree day.  Well, mission accomplished fellas! 

They completed the move in just under 4 hours while breaking a glass, fire place tools and our washer…which slipped off the dolly coming up the stairs.  They seemed shocked when the amount I gave them didn’t include a tip.  Well, it did…they got $20 (total) and only because they didn’t have change.  Sure hope they each enjoyed their $6.67...it will cost me $150 to get my washer fixed.

We almost have all our boxes unpacked.  Going from 1900sqft to 900sqft has been a challenge.  We went from having a lot of kitchen space to having NO kitchen space.  Our bedroom furniture takes up the whole room.  We have a flat screen tv hanging on a wall that makes us look like bachelors that bought the biggest tv for sale regardless of the size of the wall we had to put it on.

It hasn’t been all bad.  Heather is 7 minutes from work and it only takes me 8 minutes to take Lex to school.  We spent time at the pool last night and Lex had a ball.  We are going to be saving money in a lot of areas, so that is exciting to think about.

However, we still have not found my peanut butter and our toaster!  I am not making this up!  We have NO idea where they are!  We have unpacked all the kitchen boxes and they weren’t in them.

This is a common theme for us though.  We have lost spoons (4), a vegetable chopper, forks (4) and a plate in other moves.  For some reason the kitchen stuff just gets lost.  It is the craziest thing.  No idea what happens to it.  Just thought it was funny that it was the peanut butter and toaster.  Didn’t know they liked each other.

Before wrapping up, I do have to thank those of you that helped us with the move!  I know your parts might have seemed small to you, but to us they were monumental and we couldn’t have completed the move without you!  So THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment